Monday, May 17, 2010




Book Summary of Honey, I Promise!: A Story Of Love
Lillian's life story is told by Rick Minerd, a retired chief of police. He tells a story that is wrapped around her own personal diary, one that was discovered amongst her belongings. The author approaches it from the perspective of a police officer, one who is trained to relate to the circumstances of spousal abuse and domestic violence. He draws knowledge of situations like Lillian's from his many years of seeing it on the job, as well as, up-close and personal outside of work.
Honey, I Promise and other stories like it are a problem that police officers everywhere must deal with on a daily basis. In Lillian's story, the author places himself into her world and attempts to dissect her diary which leaves the reader begging for eventual justice, and hopefully, a happy ending. But does it ever come? Moreover, what, if any, role does the author have in it?

.....Hey Mr. Rick I have started on "Deputy in Disguise" and so far I love your stories. I think you are a great writer. Since I finished "Honey I Promise" I have recommended it to several women I know that were involved in dv. I know they can relate.
Jackie Bass, West Monroe, La.

Get Rick Minerd's new version of the definitive book on Columbus Radio History during the "WCOL" era.
Proffessor Mike Adams, San Jose State University, and former Columbus radio personality at WCOL, 1963-1975.


No comments:

Post a Comment