Sunday, September 20, 2009

Every Rose Has Its Thorns


Click on image to enlarge.
At my son Ricky's graduation from the training academy he and I surrounded Franklin County Sheriff Earl O. Smith for this photo. (1990) The sheriff remarked that he felt like a rose surrounded by two thorns.
In my new book "Deputy in Disguise" I discuss what it was like being the spokesman for not only a very controversial lawman, but also how I felt about him.
I remember Ricky thanking the sheriff for believing in him enough to hire him and he stated, "Wait till you work in my jail for about six months then you'll want to kill me."
The youngster ended up working in the jail for nearly nine years before becoming a very successful homicide detective, then a communications sergeant and a patrol supervisor. The book is available at Borders, Barnes & Noble, amazon.com and by contacting me at imjustrick@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment